Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Monument To A Methodical Realm

I sit here and I stare like the world stares, I ponder like the world ponders, I fade like the world fades. These words I write down, type down, they are no different then what others have written, what others have felt. I am like everyone else. I dream big as the world dreams big, even bigger. I wish what others have wished. I live; indifferent. I yearn for an unparalleled world. A world where, maybe, birds swim in the deepest oceans and fish soar to the highest places. Maybe a world where mountains are cookie jars and dogs bark with english accents. A kind of unrivaled universe where hug in the middle of conversations and wave with the back of their hands. Make me a world where words are read and said from the middle, out and where twins are unreal. Then maybe, just maybe, I can live in that world and feel unique, finally feel anomalous.

Take for example, the way I speak. I speak with my tongue and not with my teeth. I have an accent of a foriegn local. I dress how I like, as does everyone else. I dye my hair in weird fashions,only to resemble someone else. I have not my own personality, I just gather parts from others, and I have depression spots to match depressed people. I'm happy as others around me are happy. My smile has lips, tongue and teeth, as do yours. The same, always the same. You, I, we can try to be different, try to be nonpareil, but i'm betting you at that very moment, there is someone else, doing the same thing. How is that different? We live in a world bigger than life, where singularity is impossible. Good luck to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment